Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Every day!

Everyday. I will be posting everyday once Aaron deploys. That's what I said, isn't it? Yet you may notice it has been a few days since my last blog. That, my friends is because I am lazy. That said, I am really trying to do better. So lets just say that I will post every day that I possibly can.

As for today, my kids were nuts! I want to know who was slipping them chocolate bars and energy drinks! Shea was running around screaming and Bethany was just in constant movement. Finally about 15 minutes before bedtime I was just so exhausted, so I grabbed jammies and decided to call it a day. However the kids did not share my feeling, and they still don't. Here we are an hour and a half after their regular bedtime and Shea is singing to herself, and Bethany just came out for about the 17th time. This time it was to inform me that there is a fly in her room.

It is just another crazy week here, but there are two things that have me excited. One is that tomorrow is trash day! No I have not lost my mind. A friend of mine counts the trash days until her husband comes home from a deployment because lets face it. 52 sounds a whole lot better than 365. I stole this method from her because I like it. So tomorrow I can say one less trash day until Aaron comes home. Speaking of Aaron he has called twice now, and it was great to talk to him. He is doing well and even ran into our next door neighbor in the showers! lol. My neighbor's wife had not heard form her husband yet, so she was happy to hear something about him. Sometimes it is just comforting to know that "hey, he was in the showers earlier!" instead of sitting and wondering what they are doing and if and when they will call.

The second reason I am excited is because my Grandma and her husband Greg just moved to Texas and they are just about an hour drive away! They bought a house years ago and were renting it out, but about 6 months ago they felt it was time to leave California, and they started making plans to move. Right now they are getting settled in, but hopefully we will get to see them this weekend! I am thrilled to have family nearby. Especially my Grandma. My Grandma is wonderful, and so is Greg. I love them both. Being a military family you move around a lot and sometimes I really miss having family around.

That's all for today. Maybe I will post again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Sorry about the rough day! I hope you get some good sleep and tomorrow is better. Hugs!