Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Home sick

We are all sick. Yesterday was worse. today it seems that we are on the mend. Still not feeling at 100%, but getting there. Bethany seems to be feeling better too. She has been insisting that we bake a chocolate cake for her friend TJ who has been sick with an Upper respiratory infection. Unfortunately if is 3 days before payday and the I don't think you can make a chocolate cake out of old Velveeta, frozen chicken, condiments, rice, and cereal. Not to mention I am really not up for baking today.

Mom's aren't allowed to be sick. Yesterday as I was miserable and dry heaving, I was also comforting kids, giving baths, and washing everything that they vomited all over. Today Bethany is home from school so we don't share the illness with all of her schoolmates. We are also under heat advisory, so we will be staying inside and eating pedialyte popsicles.

Yesterday I was thrilled to get a call from Aaron. It has been about a week since his last call, and I especially wanted to hear his voice yesterday. Unfortunately we were disconnected after only one and a half minutes. I am hoping he calls back today. Before too much longer he will get set up and the internet and phone calls will be a little better than they are now.

My weight loss plans are coming along. Being so sick yesterday probably helped me lose a pound or two. not the way I usually like to lose weight, but it's one little perk. Well things are pretty dull at the moment. I will stop my babbling now.

3 comments:

periwinkle4 said...

I hope you all feel better soon! And I hope your next call from Aaron is much much longer. HUGS!

Vi said...

Feel better soon hun!

Michelle said...

Oh being sick with sick kids, and no help is horrible! I'm so sorry! Hopefully you feel better soon, and you get to talk to Aaron again soon.