Monday, April 27, 2009

Off to a shaky start

I told myself that once Aaron deployed I would be diligent about my blog. I will just blog about everything. I am not really feeling it today, but decided to just do it. I am not really feeling like doing much of anything today. It is rainy and dark and gloomy outside. The kids are both at school, and the house feels emptier than usual even though Aaron would have been at work anyway if he was not overseas. Bethany is testing me hard. She has been defiant and sassy, and I realize that I need to get her back in check now and not let this continue. There is a fine line between giving her extra attention because she is dealing with the fact that her Daddy just deployed, and letting her get away with behaving badly. I think I am doing all right. Yesterday Bethany had me cracking up. She was helping me in the kitchen, standing on her stool in only her underpants. For some reason she can't keep clothes on. I do dress the child everyday. Anyway, Shea kept trying to get up on the stool too, and she was grabbing onto Bethany's underpants to pull herself up. Bethany got mad and told Shea, "Sheaaaa! These are MY big girl underpants! I am doing my job helping mommy. You need to get out of the kitchen!" Poor Shea. But it was so hard not to laugh. I think we may need to get another stool. Speaking of big girl underpants, Bethany went potty everytime again yesterday! I was so pleased. I hope we can keep this going. She is getting closer and closer. My hope is that she will be at least fully day trained by this summer, and I can start potty training Shea in the fall. I have not started what I have named "The Deployment diet"yet. I am giving myself until May first to get started. And it is not like it is a big diet really. Baby steps. It is all about not beating myself up over things, and just taking it very slowly and making lasting changes. My goal for May is to start drinking 4 water bottles per day at least and no more soda. That's it. Hopefully by June I will have made it a habit, and I will pick another goal to make a habit. Each month a new baby step. Adding in more exercise, and diet changes, etc. If it takes me all year to lose my weight, so be it. I want the changes to be lasting. and I have already learned that I have too much trouble sticking to drastic diet and exercise changes. As for Aaron, I have not heard from him yet, but I think he probably got to Kuwait yesterday. From what I understand the lines for internet are probably pretty long because everyone wants to get in touch with their loved ones. So I am not sweating it. Aaron will call or e mail when he can.

1 comment:

Lehmann Adventures...... said...

dont worry so much about things.. we have been thru this before and Im sure (though hoping) it wont be the last. You are going to be just fine. Call or email anytime you need to vent, I dont mind!