Thursday, April 16, 2009

All worth it



This is one of my latest favorite pictures of Bethany and Shea

There are so many moments as a mom that are crazy, chaotic, and messy, and tiring, but every once in a while you get a moment that reassures you that you are right where you are supposed to be in your life. Last night I had one of those moments. I had to write it in my journal too because it is right up there with some of the most precious memories I want to remember. I was putting the girls to bed last night, and after storytime on the couch, we all went off to Bethany's room to tuck her in then onto Shea's room to tuck her in too. While I was tucking Bethany in, Shea was hanging out waiting. After I said goodnight to Bethany, I told Shea "Come on! Time for you to go to bed." She got up and went over to Bethany's bedside and said, "Night night Betty. I lub you!" Then gave her a kiss with the "mwah" sound and all, lol. Bethany kissed her back and said she loves her too. So aside from being so sweet, Bethany got to be the first person Shea said, "I love you" to. I hope they will always be close and love each other like they do now.

3 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh how sweet Amanda! That is just precious. I love those tender moments as well.

P.S. the group isn't letting me on so either everyone voted to give me the boot or I'm just having technical problems. When I figure it out, I will be back. :D

Michelle said...

That is so sweet! I'm glad that you wrote it in your journal. Your girls will love to read that some day.

Daughter of The King said...

How adorable! I wish my kids treated each other with love!