Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We are going to Fort Hood

Well, we found out that we will be PCS'ing to Fort Hood in Killeen, TX this summer! I have a lot of mixed emotions. I am nervous, and overwhelmed at the idea of moving. I will miss Columbus. It really grew on me. But I am also excited for the new adventure. Change is a good thing, right? I know a couple of people there already, so that will be nice. Jamie and Melissa are based at Hood now, but he is about to deploy, and she will be moving back home. I know another girl who I have never actually met in person, but I have known her for nearly 4 years now! I am excited to meet her. I am really hoping we can rent a house there. Aaron wants to live on post this time, but it seems the waiting list is pretty long. So we will probably get on the list, and live off post until it's our turn to get on post housing. I have so much to do! I am glad that movers will come pack us up and move our things, but I still need to get paperwork in order so that Bethany can go to school. I need to find her new therapists too. I would like to go back to school as well. I may not be able to get into college for this Fall semester, but I definitely plan to go in the Spring of '09. My mind is overloaded with things to do. I realize that I am blabbering. Most of all I really want to make some good friends. I have a hard time making friends these days because I am a bit shy when I first meet people, and often I have to interrupt our conversations to deal with one of my kids doing something crazy, so I imagine that makes me difficult to have a conversation with. I have some friends who have kids the same age as my kids. But they don't get out much. I really want a friend or two who I can call and chat with, and do lunch with or get a sitter and go out with to a movie or just hang out. I love my kids, but I want to have some kind of social life too. The kind of friends who might come over and hang out. The kind I can talk to about more than just our kids. I have friends like that too, but not nearby. I must sound really pathetic. But anyway, I think I will make a good effort to be outgoing and meet people when we get to Texas. It looks like Aaron may have to deploy around the end of the year from what we hear. It would be nice to have some good friends especially when he deploys. Anyway, I will quit my whining.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, Amanda, I am so excited that you'll be moving to Texas!

Wolfley Family said...

That's awesome!!! So will you and Nadine get together???