Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jibber Jabber

Shea is napping right now. Thank goodness. She was up half of the night crying and I had a hard time calming her. I was worried that my upstairs neighbor would try to call social services again. She has now threatened everybody with small children in this apartment building. She thinks none of us are feeding our kids or they wouldn't cry/act out/ make noise, etc. I am really getting sick of this lady. But I refuse to tiptoe around and let my kids take over because I am too afraid to dscipline them or let them make a peep. So if she has a problem, it is hers alone. It's true I would be upset if Family services show up at moy door, because let's face it! That is scary! Even if you have nothing to hide, it is intimidating to get a visit from people who could take your kids away if they think something is wrong. But I am not going to cower to her threats. I have nothing to hide. And I have faith that most social workers would be able to see that my kids are well taken care of.

But anyway, onto my favorite topic. Losing weight. I have decided to go sign up at Weight Watchers on Wednesday. Tomorrow. I have tried doing it all on my own, and I am getting nowhere. They have a Wednesday morning meeting that you can bring your small children with you to. I have roughly 8 weeks until Aaron comes home, and I so badly want to lose some weight before then. But apparently not bad enough to stop eating crap! I am hoping the accountability of going to the meetings will help enormously. Also I am making a better effort to get to the gym. I am in my gym clothes now with a diaper bag packed. when Shea wakes up, I will give her lunch, and then we are going to the gym. She can play in the nursery for an hour while I work out. If I can get there twice this week, I will feel like I really made the effort. Of course I need to make the effort to continue going as much as I can. I have been trying to do a pilates dvd here at home. It is hard to carve out time for that. I am usually so tired by the time the kids get in bed, and I use naptimes to get stuff done. So I try to do it when the kids are playing, but they both flock over to me and start climbing on me, and pressing tv buttons to find out why Nemo isn't on. Last night though, I waited until Shea was in bed, then I did my pilates while Bethany was still up. I had to stop and take a picture when I realized that Bethany was trying to do pilates too. It was so cute.

If I could figure out how to download the pictures from my camera to the computer, I would post it! I have a new camera that I love so far, but I cannot get how to get the pictures onto the computer! I did exactly what the manual said to do, and nothing happened. Well Shea is awake! Time for me to go.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Rude, in your bidness neighbors are the worst! I could go on and on but we'll leave it at that.

Should we start a weight loss blog? To help us develop goals and for support? There is another great site called sparkpeople.com Think of it as like a myspace meets weight watchers but virtually everything is free.

I can't afford to do WW but I have been taking baby steps in correcting some of my more worse habits. I'm starting to see some results. Small results but ones that will help me keep going.

Luv you panda! I think I messed up Jamie's email address....I should also mention that I've got some Ambien kicking in right about now so I gotta go. ((HUG))

Michelle said...

Okay your neighbor needs to get over herself. You definitely can't let her get to you. I'm sure she has figured out how to manipulate people using those kinds of threats; since messing with someones kids is the only thing you can do to someone to really get to them. She probably knows that and is just a...... HAG.. for lack of a more appropriate word. LOL! Way to go on wanting to be more dedicated to getting healthy. I'm right there with you babe. I too need to stop eating the "crap".

Elizabeth said...

All I seem to eat lately is crap. I hope the weight loss thing works out for you. I think it's adorable that Bethany tries to do pilates with you. I hope you figure your camera out soon. Would love to see the pics.