Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy!

So many things are going so well right now. We just came home from a visit to Florida to visit my in laws. The visit went so well. It was a much needed break from the norm, and the girls really enjoyed themselves.

Aaron will be coming home in 2 months, and I am getting really excited. Just yesterday my mom agreed to fly out and watch the girls then so that I can pick Aaron up from the airport alone and stay in Atlanta for a couple of nights alone with him!! We have not had time alone since Bethany was born in 2004! I am so excited to just be with Aaron again.

Today Bethany gave me a mothers day present she made in school. It is a card that says "I love you this much", and there is apicture of her with her arms stretched out to her sides. It is cute. Of course it made me tear up. I can't imagine a better gift than something my sweet girls made themselves.

Today when I took Bethany to Easter Seals, she told me "I don't want to go. Let's go to the house." Cute and funny, yes. But also a big deal to me, because this is an improvement in her communication skills! This was a direct statement about what she was thinking and wanted to do. She was not echoing someone else or whining instead of talking. I think when you have a child with special needs, you learn to truly appreciate and be excited about the really tiny things. I feel blessed to have her for my daughter. She has taught me so much about counting my blesings and learning to appreciate the everyday little miracles that often go un noticed by many.

My life is not perfect, but is anybody's I would have to say that mine is about as close to perfect as I could hope for. Our needs are met, I have the love of a wonderful husband who I love more very day. I have 2 little girls who are healthy and wonderful. I have a good family. Life is good.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so exciting about Bethany! I am thankful for those moments too when the kids show so much progress. I am glad that things are going so well for you. I hope you have a wonderful time when you go to pick up your husband. Enjoy ever minute of it!

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you for seeing all the blessings in your life. Just think how great you'll feel once Aaron gets home!!!