Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Shea's 6 month well baby appt.

Today was Shea's 6 month well baby appointment. She is perfectly healthy! She was such a good girl the whole time too. What I didn't like about her appointment is that we found out upon our arrival that her regular Dr. had been snatched up to work with soldiers, and she was re assigned to Dr. M. Dr. M is the same Dr. who was on call in L&D the day I had her and he caught her. I can't stand him. He is very much a textbook and statistics kind of doctor, with no bedside manner. One of those Dr.'s who thinks they are God. Like since I am just her mom and not a Dr. I am too stupid to know anything. He looked at her vitals and told me she is too skinny, before he even looked at her. She is so not too skinny. The girl is a little chub! She has rolls! I think he was basing his opinion off the fact she is in the 25th percentile for weight, but that's on the scale that lumps formula fed and breastfed babies together. Formula fed babies do tend to be a little heavier than breastfed babies. Unless the child is unhealthy, who cares! And Shea is quite healthy. But anyway, I will be calling first thing tomorrow to have her doctor changed. I do not want to take my kids to this doctor.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You have a beautiful family. I know what you mean about doctors. We happen to have a great dr. but once I had to take my daughter to kids care after hours clinic and the dr. there didn't pick up that she was dehydrated. I ended up taking her to the ER that night and they admitted her for 3 days so they could keep her on IV fluids. She had rotavirus and could have died if I had listened to that bozo instead of taking her to the hospital. Now, if I ever can't see my own ped. I will request that she not see the dr. I don't like. I hope you can find a good one soon.