Monday, September 17, 2007

What a mess

I used to be the person who had it all together, and wondered what was wrong with everyone else. See, that's the problem with judging others. It usually comes back to bite you. And here I am. I am a mess. I have post partum depression, and it is not getting better. I take medicine. I see a counselor. I have no trouble admitting this because I feel there is no shame in getting help if you have a problem. Nevertheless, I feel liek I am drowning here. It's not htat I can't handle Aaron being in Korea. We have been through 2 deployments. But for some reason this separation is really taking its toll on all of us. I have got to pull myself together and deal with things. It will be wonderful when Aaron comes home. He is so helpful with everything, and he is my best friend. Just him being here, helps. But, I can't rely on him as a cure for depression. I was depressed during my pregnancy, and he was here! It is said that exercise is supposed to be very helpful in dealing with depression. I just joined a gym, and so hopefully the exercise, and fact that I am finally doing something for myself will help. and if I start to look good, that can only help me to feel better about myself!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I hear you sista... (lol). I used to SWEAR that I would never let myself get fat and that my children would never be like "those" children that scream during Sacrament meeting and at the most inopportune times. Okay I am a baby elephant raising two children, one of which I swear is going to have me dying my hair to cover up the gray any day now. Hang in there, you are doing good. I know that I am not one anymore but being a military spouse is HARD, HARD work....do what you can, when you can. HUGS!!!!