Thursday, September 20, 2007

Long distance love

Lately life has been crazy. For me and for Aaron. He has a lot going on, and he has been stressed out, and busy, and taking on more leadership duties. I am very stressed dealing with post partum depression, a child just being diagnosed on the autism spectrum, 2 young kids to take care of alone here. You get the idea. It seems all of our conversations lately, are all business. "How are you?" "Fine. How are you?" "How are the kids?" yada yada yada. When Aaron was deployed to Iraq before, we always managed to keep things interesting. But not this time. No worries. There is not trouble in paradise, lol. It's just one of those times. We are very much in love, and happy with each other. I never thought you could have a relationship like this where things are dull and mundane, but the relationship is still strong. I guess that's what makes a good marriage is that we can move through the times like this and know everything will be fine. Nevertheless, I wish I could think of a way to spice up things so put that spark back into our days. With the 13 hour time difference, his best time to call is before he goes to bed, which for me is in the morning when I am rushing around to feed, and dress the kids. I can barely put words into sentences during the madness of morning time around here. I'm sure I will think of something.

1 comment:

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Kevin and I go through those spurts too. We go through them when we're together. You already stated you have a strong marriage and both of you are dealing with a lot. Maybe send him cute little love letters or some spicy pics...