Thursday, September 20, 2007

Crazy day!

My daughter is obsessed with dumping rice in the carpet. Everytime I buy more I hide it somewhere else. On a higher shelf, behind the cereal, etc. But Bethany always finds it and gets to it with her handy foot stool she pushes around the house. At least rice is somewhat cheap. Nevertheless a waste of food and more work for me to clean up. That is how my day began. Bethany dumping rice out. We had been up for maybe 7 minutes. But I did get Bwthany to school on time. Shea and I came home and got a little cleaning done, then went upstairs to my neighbors and tried on her daughters outfits on Shea for Shea's portrait session. Other peoples clothes are always better. Then we went for Shea's portrait session, followed by picking up Bethany and rushing off to a dental appointment for me, then rushing home for Bethany's speech therapy session. After that we hurried to get cleaned up to go to the Olive Garden for my upstairs neighbor and friends birthday dinner. The kids did very wellin the restaurant. Shea was waving at people, and of course that made everyone gush. She is pretty cute if I do say so myself. Bethany made it almost through the meal before she started cycling. She has cycles where whe gets hyper and starts stimming, and has this thing about needing pressure on her, like she will want to squeeze into a small place, or have me hug her very tightly, or lay under something heavy. I know it sounds weird, but her therapist tells me it is very typical of kids on the spectrum, and taught me what I can do for her. So, when she started cycling I just held her on my lap tightly. I don't think anyone else noticed it was anything different than a kid sitting on her moms lap. Not that it matters what others think. When we got home Bethany was at her peak, so she jumped on her mini trampoline for a while to burn off energy. Finally got her in bed and now Shea is asleep! What a day. Somebody asked me something though, that has bothered me all day. When I told them that Bethany is on the autism spectrum, they said, "Well, you should get fixed before your husband comes home. You dont want any more kids like that, right?" I felt that was rude and invasive and none of her darn business! People are so dumb sometimes. Ok, vent over.

No comments: