Friday, August 21, 2009

College girl

I have been working on getting squared away for school for a little while now, and I am thrilled to say that after spending the last 2 days in the student services center, I finally finished up the process! I have classes locked in and paid for by financial aid. I just need to go get books. Now my schedule is a bit weird, but here is the deal. I am wanting to get into an RN program after we move next year. But I need a degree plan for now. So I chose biology as my major because many of the pre requisites for the RN programs involve a lot of science. Most of the classes were already full so there were no openings in math, english, science or history. So I am taking 2 psychology classes. General, and Life span and growth study. I go on campus 2 days a week for that. I am also taking 2 online classes. Music appreciation which is my humanities requirement, and pharmacology. Pharmacology is part of the RN program but is also one of the few RN program classes I can take before I am in. The counselor tells me pharmacology is a hard class, but she thinks I can handle it because I got such high reading and english scores on my placement test. I will have to take it at some point and I did not have many options, so I said, "Fine. Let's do it!" I am really excited because this is the beginning! I am getting started to better my life. I am doing something for myself! It feels good!

3 comments:

Vi said...

You go Woman! That is awesome! I bet you can't wait to dive in.

Becki said...

I am so proud of you Amanda!!! That's great!!!

irbuanosraL said...

Awesome! You go girl!!