Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Latest from the funny farm

We have just been a busy bunch of people. I am baby sitting my friend's two kids this month while she takes a cna course. Her kids are 4 and 2. Put them together with my 2 kids and there is mayhem. They try to show off for each other. We have had to lock every door in the house leaving only the bathroom and Bethany's room available. This was learned because they were getting into the office and our bedroom and Shea's room and trashing the place. Bethany's room is where most of the toys are. So we are having some wild times here this month. But Bethany and TJ (the 4 year old) think they are boyfriend and girlsfriend. It is kind of cute. They hold hands and whenever TJ goes home Bethany asks for him. My friend says TJ asks when he gets to go back and play with Bethany too. He says he loves her, lol.

Bethany has reached the 4 year old stage of being sassy and a pain in the butt. We are having to crack down hard here. She is being defiant and dramatic. Anyone who knows Aaron, knows that he doesn't mess around, so he has been all about letting her know this attitude wont fly. Don't get me wrong. She can still be sweet and funny. She just suddenly thinks she is running the show. I have been having to put her in the corner a lot. Sometimes it is hard not to laugh though. Yesterday on the way to speech therapy, she asked for pretzel sticks. I told her there was a baggie in the backseat next to her. She said there wasn't. I told her to keep looking. She went off. She said, "That's it!! I am leaving! I'm finished! I am going to Connie's house! I... oh pretzel sticks!" Yup, she found them.

Shea is doing well. She is a silly girl. She usually torments Bethany by standing nearby and laughing at her when she gets into trouble. but Shea has reached a stage herself. The 2 year old stage. Lot's of fits. Lot's! Like I said, we are having some wild times here.

I am back on a diet and doing pretty well. After me box of girl scout cookies the other day, I got back on track. I am trying really hard to drink lots of water, and eat serving sizes, and more veggies. No soda or sweets or fast food. Aaron and I are going out this Saturday night, so it will take some extra will power to eat right when we go to dinner and the movie.

Aaron is doing well. He is either working or helping with the kids these days. For as stern as he is trying to be with Bethany's attitude, he sometimes can't help but laugh too. the other day Bethany told him, "Daddy, do you need to learn to follow directions!" He couldn't help himself. He just busted up laughing. He is on a kick to get into shape this year too. He would love to be able to do a marathon in about a year.

that's it for now!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hi Amanda, It is great to read that things are moving along on the right path for you guys. I hope everything continues to go well for you.