Thursday, February 5, 2009

Such is military life

Things change a lot when you are a military family. You see people come and go a lot. Sometimes you are happy to see them go, lol. Other times it can be hard. I have become really close with a neighbor friend (not the crazy one). We watch each others kids all the time and she taught me how to make tutu's for my girls to play dress up with. She told me this morning that she found out her husband re enlisted and got the duty station they were hoping for. I am so sad that they will be leaving here in about 6 months, but happy for them because it is going to be a great experience for them. Another friend I have known online for years, and now we are based at the same place! The only problem is that we can never seem to get together. She is pretty busy, and I have been busier than usual too lately with sick kids and Bethany's therapies. We keep saying "Let's get together!" but we haven't managed it. I read on her blog that her family is planning to PCS (move) by the end of this year. I am hoping to hang out with her more before they do go. And I know they love the adventure of military life, so I am happy for them to move on to their next adventure. But sad to see them go too. I can't really say much. We hope to PCS out of here as soon as we can ourselves. I have made some great friends in the time I have been an Army wife. We were in GA for a long time, and I saw a lot of people come and go. Some of them I became really close to and it has been hard to keep up with the ones who aren't online much. Sometimes I daydream about settling down somewhere and buying a house and staying there forever, but I have to admit that it is a little exciting to wonder where you will go next and who you will meet along the way.

**Disclaimer: If any of my post doesn't flow well or make sense, that might be due to the fact that I have been interrupted at least 40 times by my kids and the (make that 41 times) kids I am watching who can't stop fighting over toys or beating each other up.

3 comments:

Becki said...

Oh, that would be hard Amanda! I hope you enjoy the time that you have left with her.

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear about your neighbor leaving so soon; that's great they got their duty station they were hoping for though. I assume you are talking about Nadine that's moving by the end of the year. Hopefully you guys can hang out some more before she goes. I know sometimes it's hard to leave the ones you love, but the new adventure is always fun!

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

We will hang out plenty, since I just got done talking to you, it's a date!!!!