Monday, December 15, 2008

A few updates

First of all I am still having trouble uploading pictures from my camera to the computer, so I don't update as much as I would if I could post pictures because I keep thinking, "Oh yah, I will blog about that when I get the pictures up." Then I don't. But here are a few updates.

Aaron is still working a lot. He had the flu over the weekend, and he thought it was food poisoning, but when I woke up this morning with the same thing, we realized it is not food poisoning but something contagious. I really just hope the kids don't get it. I was lucky that Aaron was able to leave work and come home today. He usually can't leave, but he has already made himself a good reputation in the company, so they know he is not a slacker. This is the first time he has had to leave work early.

He took Bethany to her speech therapy appointment, and the therapist and Aaron and I are both very pleased that she has been asking so many "why" questions. Her therapist explained that this is the beginning of cognitive thinking, and will lead to the who, what, where,when, and how questions.

Bethany is lots of fun these days. Bedtime is my favorite time of day with her. Not just because she is going to bed, and I will get my "me" time, but because I really enjoy her routine. We read stories, and then she asks for kisses. Then another one. Then another one, Then last one. Then she tells me she loves me more than chocolate milk, and I tell her I love her more than cookies, and we go back and forth with that a few times.

Shea is fun too. She loves dancing to her favorite show, "Yo Gabba Gabba". Yo Gabba Gabba is a little strange the first few times you watch it, but the kids really get into it. Okay truth be told, Aaron and I get into it to. Aaron likes Biz's beat of the day, lol. Shea is also talking a lot more and asserting her Independence. She enjoys bothering Bethany too. After all that is what siblings are for! The other day I couldn't help laughing because Bethany had laid out a blanket and brought out her pillow to watch her hour of tv for the day, and Shea plopped down right there and was hogging her pillow and snatched away her stuffed animal. Bethany started pushing on her and whining, "Sheaaaaa! No! Get away!" But Shea would not budge. So I got Shea her own pillow and blanket and set her up next to Bethany, but Shea went right back to Bethany's set up and Bethany about had a cow. Maybe it is one of those "you had to be there" stories, but it was pretty amusing to me.

Bethany had her 4Th birthday too! I have pictures to upload for that day, so I will give more details later. We had a nice turn out of people, and the kids played on the playground. Aaron made kool aid for the party. The kool aid was pretty bad. We don't usually drink kool aid, but I knew that wasn't how it was supposed to taste, and everyone else was grimacing as they drank it too. Aaron thought it was pretty funny. I think he used too much sugar, because I made some kool aid the next day, and followed the directions and it came out fine. Bethany enjoyed her birthday and now tells me every morning that it is her birthday.

Well that is all for now!

1 comment:

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

That kool-aid was pretty potent, lol!

But we had a great time!

Hope you all are feeling better!