Monday, July 20, 2009

My First Pair of Running Shoes!


I am so excited! Today I bought my first pair of running shoes! Bethany and I went to Dick's Sporting goods. Although I know squat about running shoes at this point, I figured I could trust the guy in the store to know what he was doing, since as soon as I walked up he told me that I walk on the outside of my feet. I guess people who know this stuff notice how people walk. I am still in the walking portion of my couch to 5k program, but I am about to pick up the pace. More to come...

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome!!! Asics are really great shoes too! Getting running shoes is a great way to help with being motivated to keep working out too!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becki said...

It's a good start Amanda!!! You can do it!!!!

Wolfley Family said...

Those are a good brand :) Are you doing the Coolrunning.com couch to 5K in 12 weeks program? I'm doing that one to create a good habit :))

periwinkle4 said...

How exciting! I loved my asics! (wearing Nike now cuz they were on sale) I hope you continue to have great success!

caligirlinfl said...

Jaime, that's the one! I was getting started sooner, but then I got sick and now we are going to CA. next week, so I am going to restart while in CA. I am really looking forward to getting on with it.