Friday, June 19, 2009

Safety Fair






Today was the safety fair on west fort Hood. They had the fire department there, and the police, and people doing carseat inspections and even a boat with people showing the kids how to put on life vests. There was also snow cones, free food, a jumping house, and more! The kids had lots of fun. Shea loved the snow cones and finished off not only her own but Bethany's and our neighbor Jennica's too.

I think the coolest part though was that the fire department had a huge trailer set up like a little two story house with a kitchen and everything. They had kids go in and they talked about kitchen safety. During the kitchen safety speech Bethany told the firemen that I had told her there would be snow cones here, and she wanted one. Then when they took the kids upstairs and turned on the smoke machines Bethany told everyone it smelled good like when her mommy makes dinner. Hmmmm. I do tend to make things well done, but I didn't think I was that bad. Then she got to climb out the window onto a balcony and a fireman helped her climb down the ladder.

We had a great time. I am only sorry that we got worn out before they showed the video of our soldiers in Iraq. Our company made their first video of this deployment to show us, but after 3 hours, the kids were done. I am sure there will be another chance to see it.

5 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

What a fun day!! It looks great! Bethany cracks me up!! "It smells like when my mom makes dinner." HAAAAAAAAAA

Michelle said...

I had to laugh at the dinner comment too! Out of the mouths of babes! LOL! Too bad that you missed the video, I sure hope that you get to see it soon.

Natalie said...

oh looks like you had a fun day!! Hopefully you will get to see that video soon! I love the comment about you cooking dinner. That is too stinking cute and funny!

Vi said...

Too cute! You said it wasn't worth going too but it looks like ya'll had a blast!

Wolfley Family said...

That is hilarious about the dinner comment!! I had to read that one outloud to Greg :)