Monday, January 12, 2009

Bethany's new bed


A few weeks ago I noticed a nearby neighbor had put a childs bed out at the curb for trash pick up. I took a closer look and it was mostly in great shape! So we hauled it in. Aaron spent 10 bucks at Home Depot and put a couple of 1 by 4's in the bottom to support the mattress better. He also put in some wood screws to secure the frame and make it sturdy. Then I cleaned the bed with Simple Green. (Aaron is in love with Simple Green. We buy it in the commercial sized concentrated bottles at Sam's, lol) Then I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get some crayon off of it. I think it turned out great. See for your self!

2 comments:

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

You're right that is pretty good. That's a cute pic of her...reading her book :)

Elizabeth said...

That is a really cute bed. I can't believe someone threw it out. Good find!