Friday, October 17, 2008

Dieting again

So I am back to dieting again. I started when Aaron left for JRTC on the 8Th, and at my first weigh in, last Monday, I had already lost 2.8 pounds! I chose to weigh myself on Mondays. I am not following any particular diet. I am just trying to cut down significantly on soda and sweets. No fast food. I am trying to drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber. I usually mix 1/2 a cup of fiber 1 into my better tasting cereal (Special K Cinnamon and Pecans) and that gets me at 14 grams of fiber right there! Then to meet my quota of fiber, I have to eat more veggies and fruits, and beans and grains. I try to make sure I am getting protein too. I have been working really hard at this for once, and I am looking forward to my next weigh in. I was so proud of myself when my sister (who is visiting) ordered a large cheesy pizza and cinnamon sticks with icing, and I did not touch any of it. I ate my lean cuisine, and had a low cal dessert. I let myself have the occasional 100 calorie packet of cookies, or a sugar free Popsicle. Last night my sweet tooth took over and I had a few of my sisters peanut M&M's, but I stopped after just a few. Normally I would finish the bag. So I just need to keep going! I am going to have to work extra hard when Aaron gets back and when my kids get candy on Halloween, but I am so sick of being fat. I am trying to ficus on the Christmas party that Aaron's company is planning this year. It is going to be semi formal for adults only, and I really don't want to look like a cow stuffed into a cocktail dress.

4 comments:

Lehmann Adventures...... said...

Good luck on your diet, however I think you look great no matter what! Do you have a Wii? Wii fit is totally awesome and a great way to help shed a those pounds!

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Good luck girl!!!

Keep me in mind if you need a sitter for that event!!!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Good for you Amanda!! Keep up the great work! I don't know that I could have passed up the pizza! Good luck!

Jen said...

Good luck! Awesome job on the pizza, I'm not that strong yet!! I also jumped back on the diet wagon and joined WW on Monday.