Thursday, January 17, 2008

Things that make me happy

~ Listening to Bethany sing "Jingle Bells" in January, when she would have no part of Christmas music in December. ha ha!
~Watching Shea's face light up with excitement when she gets pushed in the swing.
~Falling asleep at naptime with Shea, and getting to snuggle with her.
~Hearing the pride in Aaron's voice on the phone as he e-mails me a picture of a helicopter with his name on the side.
~Scrubbing the bathtub with no distractions and standing back to admire a sparkly clean bathroom.
~Watching my girls laughing together, even if they are doing something they shouldn't be.
~ Sisters that call me up just to chat, because we are friends.
~Closing my eyes, to remember what Aaron's hand feels like in mine.
~ Wonderful people at church who let their hearts be led by the spirit.
~Bethany starting Sunbeams and showing me that I had nothing to worry about.
~Bethany making sure I kiss Elmo and Ernie goodnight, then watching her tuck them into bed with her.
~ Knowing that the quickest way to cheer Bethany up is to push on her nose, and say "ribbit!" Then let her push my nose, and say "beep". (Aaron's nose says "honk" by the way.)
~Shea trying to imitate the word "stinky".
~Watching Shea boogie to the "Cha cha slide" song at her My-Gym class.
~The thought of Aaron coming home on leave in a few weeks!
~ Taking walks with the girls and watching them giggle at the squirrels, get excited to meet the dogs we encounter, and watching them examine the different leaves and flowers we find.
~ That little window that comes up on the bottom of the computer screen that says, "Aaron is online".
~ Singing Primary songs in the car on the top of our lungs.
~ Reading stories with Bethany and Shea, and Bethany trying to read us stories too.

No comments: